Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

About ebook covers

I once read that the most important thing people consider when they are buying a book is its cover.  The second most important thing is the descriptive text or sales copy.

So when I published with the current cover of How To Take Over The World I knew I was taking a risk.  It's probably going to change in the next few months, so here's what it looks like now.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Take-Over-World-ebook/dp/B00B2N7Z9S/

It's colorful, eye catching and I think exciting.  I also think the lightheartedness of this cover takes some of the weird factor out of the cover.  But some of the feedback I've been getting (from otherwise happy readers) is that the cover doesn't really match the content of the book.  The current cover suggest comedy, like Dave Berry's stuff or Pinky and the Brain, and that's not really what How To Take Over The World is about.

I was a little worried about that potential disconnect when I first published.  The worse case scenario is that the jazzy cover that the book is currently published with is scaring off potential, serious minded customers.

I'm considering a redesign.

No comments:

Post a Comment